Are you an ambitious financial with a hands-on work ethic, that is ready for the next step in your career? Do you have strong communication skills to act between multiple departments? Are you eager to grow and develop yourself within an internationally growing organization? Then the role of Business Controller at Samskip might just be your dream job!
As a Business Controller at Samskip you’ll be working in a dynamic and ambitious organization that operates on a global scale. The Business Controller reports directly to the Manager Business Control and will be working closely with three other Business Controllers, the accounting and reporting team as well as various business unit and trade managers. Within Samskip you’ll have a key position in the optimalisation of the management reports, being involved in a variety of new projects and the implementation of a new reporting system. At Samskip you’ll be challenged to develop yourself in a broad spectrum of professional and personal skillsets. The ideal candidate has a financial bachelor’s degree or university education, between 3 – 7 years of relevant experience and the right drive to develop yourself within the organization.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- You’ll be responsible for the reporting and analysis of the monthly results, both for the individual business units as well as the consolidated and group reporting;
- Working closely together with your colleagues of the finance and business operations department within the annual budget process. This will make you an important business partner towards the future financial results of Samskip;
- Providing valuable insights in the performance of the different business units, which will be valuable towards various process optimalisation projects;
- Being the first point of contact for the business, and sparring partner to the Head of Finance and CFO;
- Support the financial control and accounting team during the month end close;
- Developing, monitoring and improving the KPI dashboards.
Education and Personal skills:
- A financial bachelor’s degree or MBA (university degree);
- 3-7 years of relevant experience;
- Experienced in SAP and Excel (Experience with OneStream is a plus);
- Fluent in Dutch or English;
- Ambitiously driven with a no-nonsense mentality.
- Market competitive salary including a 13th month;
- 28 days of annual leave;
- A good pension plan;
- A smartphone and laptop;
- The possibility to work partly from home.
Samskip is a logistics company offering reliable and cost-efficient transport and related services by land, sea, rail and air. With an annual turnover of over EUR 800 million we are one of the larger European transport companies, with offices in than 24 countries across Europe, North America, Asia and Australia. We employ approximately 1,450 people. Samskip is headquartered in the Netherlands but was originally founded in Iceland in 1990. The company has demonstrated consistent and organic growth complemented by strategic acquisitions.
The company slogan is ‘Together We Make Things Happen’ because together we are stronger than one. The result is a workplace in which we work as a team including our customers, suppliers and partners. We care deeply about our customers and our people, and we enable everyone to give each other help, guidance and feedback. That way, everyone wins. And everyone has fun!
Do you want to be a part of this internationally growing and dynamic organization? Then reach out to Alexander Spasojevic on 06-24132878 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.