As the Business Controller at Spotzer Digital, you will be working among the global leaders in website and digital marketing solutions. Are you a true team player with great analytical skills and are you interested in continuously improving processes? Are you ready to join a dynamic, rapidly growing, international company where you will have the freedom to grow and the responsibility to drive and set-up the business control? Then you are the Business Controller we are looking for.
The Business Controller is a pivotal part of the finance department based out of Amsterdam that supports the global operation of Spotzer Digital. In your role as the Business Controller, you will function as the bridge between the financial, commercial and operational teams. This is why you will need to be proactive, independent and able to multitask.
You will be responsible for the Financial reporting and Analysis across the company and report directly to the CFO. Because of your direct and daily involvement throughout Spotzer, you will be expected to play a key role in ensuring the growth and success of the business. This is why you will carry the accountability for planning, reporting and analyzing the financial processes whilst trying to continuously advance these themes. In addition to these responsibilities, you will leverage instruments like connectivity to ERP (Salesforce.com), reporting and consolidation tools.
As the Business Controller at Spotzer Digital you are expected to work precise and accurate in a fast paste environment. You will have to maintain an overview of the submitted forecasts to communicate possible opportunities and risks timely, create meaningful and actionable variance analyses and ensure timelines are adhered to and deadlines are met.
Teamwork is vital in the role as Business Controller as you will need to report insightful and actionable ways to the teams to promote ownership and accountability, drive continuous improvements and support teams in order to realize a timely month-end close.
Tasks & responsibilities:
- You will create meaningful and actionable variance analysis;
- Further you develop and provide insights on the main Business KPI’s;
- Control Costs of Sales, FTE and G&A costs for the group;
- You will help guide decision making by building solid business cases for new investments / products;
- Liaison with commercial partnerships team and other organizational teams ;
- Drive monthly, quarterly and annual consolidated reporting (internal and external);
- You are responsible for ensuring compliance with Internal Control Framework through periodic testing of internal controls;
Who are you?
- Controller / Financial with a minimum 4 years of relevant experience;
- Experience within the tech or digital media industry (preferred);
- Organized, proactive, independent and results oriented;
- Comfortable working with cross-functional teams in a flexible environment;
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) in English; Dutch is preferred;
- Ability to work within a fast-paced environment;
- Advanced knowledge of Excel (Google Sheets desirable) and MS-office is a must, Twinfield and Power BI is preferred;
- Team player and a naturally easy communicator;
What we offer you
- A flexible full-time (40 hours) position;
- Opportunities to develop yourself in the cutting-edge digital marketing industry;
- Working with a talented team of experts that will help you develop your skills;
- A Fantastic Amsterdam office, Friday evening drinks, annual boat parties and lots of fun events
- A group of energetic, multicultural colleagues
(with over 30 nationalities in a team of 150 people!);
- An attractive compensation package.
Spotzer Digital specializes in providing custom made solutions that bring small and medium enterprises closer to their end customers. Spotzer builds, delivers, and maintains marketing solutions that make a difference. Based out of Amsterdam, but working globally, Spotzer Digital helps thousands of businesses grow with top level quality guaranteed.
If you are interested, please get in touch with Jan van den Berg via +31 6 3935 9795 or via Jan.email@example.com