We are looking for a Business Controller who is a pro-active teamplayer with a hands-on mentality. You have strong analytical skills and take ownership from start to completion.
As a Business Controller Reporting to the Group Controlling Manager, you form part of the Controlling Team, consisting of three Business Controllers and a Group Controller. You will join a team of enthusiastic colleagues, working closely together, with clear communication lines and agreements with one another. To be critical, while maintaining respect for one another and a joint drive to develop ourselves to the fullest, is what we aim for. The Controlling Department plays an active role as Business Partner in the Company and continuously strives for improvement.
It is important to develop ourselves continuously and that is why Vroon has a wide range of development opportunities, including an annual personal budget to be used for your professional development goals. We have the market conform salaries and benefits for our employees. The Company restaurant, in which it is a pleasure to have lunch or conduct meetings, is just one good example of this.
What will you do as a business controller?
- Partner with and drive the business to achieve short- and long-term objectives;
- Be a bridge-builder among business and finance-related support functions, with independent (financial) views on what is best for the Company as a whole;
- Drive optimization and improvement of processes, standardization of reporting and insight-driven analyses to satisfy the need for management information;
- Drive the business-review cycles;
- Participate in business-improvement projects and validate business cases;
- Identify (business and financial) risks and opportunities;
- Execute ad-hoc analyses and reporting;
- Drive the weekly, monthly, yearly and long-term Financial Planning processes;
- Drive cash-flow forecast processes.
Who Vroon is looking for?
- A master degree and tree years relevant experience;
- Preferably experience in an international environment;
- Proven track record in financial and business control at business unit, divisional or group level;
- Excellent verbal and written communication and reporting skills in English are essential.
What Vroon offers
- A competitive salary and a personal bonus;
- 28 holidays and 8% holiday allowance;
- Pension scheme;
- €2500,- personal budget to be used for professional development goals;
- Work in a dynamic international environment with an informal and open culture;
- Combining working from home and at the office where you can have lunch at the company restaurant.
Vroon is a worldwide shipping company. Our vision is to be recognised as a premier shipping company dedicated to a sustainable future. Our mission is to provide transportation and management services and solutions that are reliable, sustainable, cost effective and enable our customer to be successful. The Company is active – through various subsidiaries and under different brand names – in the following business segments: livestock carriers; offshore-support vessels and services; product tankers; high-heat tankers; container vessels; car carriers and vessel-management services.
Vroon has a family culture with direct, short reporting lines. With headquarters located in Breda (the Netherlands), Vroon employs about 2,000 professionals in offices around the world and on board a diverse fleet of approximately 120 vessels. From our Breda head office, approximately 120 staff support the Company’s activities.
Show your interest – interview @Greenberg Nielsen – 1st Interview @Vroon – Facet 5 Personality Profile – 2nd Interview @Vroon – Start your career as Business Controller!
For additional information regarding this role please contact Malou Jacobson at 06 23 30 79 80 or via Malou.email@example.com