Suitsupply is an international retail company that is experiencing explosive growth, and which provides high quality suits to people all over the world. As a Financial Controller you will work from the Suitsupply HQ in Amsterdam, working with the financial controlling team and senior stakeholders on a daily basis to build a future-proof finance and reporting structure. You are a critical of the financial control team and will work closely with business control, accounting and tax. Your Span of Control will be extensive, as you will get the opportunity to analyse many different entities and countries.
Within Suitsupply as a Financial Controller you will be challenged to develop yourself, and you will play a pivotal part in the further international growth of the company. Furthermore, tailored made development plans within the Finance function of Suitsupply will be provedid.
The ideal candidate has an accounting or finance degree with approximately 3 years experience in accounting or controlling and the right drive, enthusiasm and ambition to help build an even better Suitsupply.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Act as a sparring partner for the finance team, management team operational department and external auditors;
- Invest constantly in continuous improvement of processes and systems;
- Contribute to the monthly/quarterly/annual closing, e.g. tangible fixed assets, accruals, Lease accounting under IFRS Accounting standards;
- Prepare information for senior management to build managerial reports;
- Support in the preparation of the external audits for all international entities;
- Pro-actively support and advise Improvement of processes in order to make Suitsupply Finance more scalable.
Education and personal skills
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Accounting, Control, Finance or Business Economics;
- A minimum of 3 years of working experience within accounting, auditing or financial control;
- Working knowledge of IFRS, Dutch GAAP is preferred;
- Strong communication skills and personality;
- Eagerness to make a difference in a dynamic company with an entrepreneurial mindset;
- Affinity with international environments;
- Fluency in English.
Suitsupply is a market defining brand showing strong international growth. They are pioneers at everything they do, and they work hard to keep it that way. Their pioneering spirit generates a contagious energy, which is what enables them to keep putting new ideas into practice.
Their strength lies in the formula: straight, to the point and still personal. Fast and effective. Combining craftsmanship with flair. There are few things that distract them. This approach enables Suitsupply to create an environment in which the customers feel that they only have eyes for them. Suitsupply is there for people who want to be seen.
For additional information regarding this role please contact Jan van den Berg at 06 – 39 37 95 97 or Jan.vandenBerg@greenbergnielsen.nl.