We are looking for a Financial Operation Analyst to join the Benelux Financial Operations Team of VARO in Rotterdam. The Financial Operations Team consists of 12 people which handle all incoming and outgoing invoices for our Trading, Renewables, Terminals and Wholesale business in the Benelux. The team is based in our Rotterdam office and the role reports to the Teamleader Financial Operations.
Overall a challenging job for a candidate who likes to combine operational tasks with analytics.
In this position your key focus areas are:
- Monitoring financial operation processes
- Participate in process optimization projects
- Settlement of paper trades
- Support the internal and external audits
- Back fill across all operational activities in the team
The successful candidate has:
- 1-3 years working experience preferably in an international environment
- Bachelor or Masters degree in Finance/Control
- Fluent in English and Dutch, spoken and written
- Background in the (renewable) energy industry is considered as a plus
The ideal candidate will also be able to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Teamplayer, but self supporting
- Organized, accurate and detail-oriented
- Has a hands-on and pragmatic mindset
- Ability to build relationships across all layers within the organization
- Strong communication skills
- Flexible and energetic; be able to perform in a rapidly changing environment
About VARO Energy
VARO is a young, dynamic energy company, which was founded in Switzerland in 2012. Their core competencies are refining, storage and distribution of oil products to wholesale and retail in Benelux, France, Germany and Switzerland.
We source crude oil for our refineries in Bavaria, Germany, and Cressier, Switzerland, where they manufacture products such as gasoline, diesel or heating oil. Then, they transport, store and distribute them to their customers in Benelux, France, Germany and Switzerland. We deploy risk management strategies to optimise the value of these assets and flows.
Varo is investing in this market by building a network of refineries, storage tanks and distribution channels to secure the reliable supply of oil products for heating, transportation, construction and the petrochemical industry in North West Europe.
Most importantly, they are an established and experienced refiner. We know that no matter what we do, operating safely and behaving responsibly in the communities we work in is an unconditional priority.
For additional information regarding this role please contact Dewi Beukers at 06-18 91 35 41 or via Dewi.email@example.com