For DEPT® we are looking for a Group Controller who wants to work at one of the fastest-growing digital agencies worldwide. An opportunity of a lifetime that requires out of the box thinking!
As a Group Controller at DEPT® you work closely with all finance oriented disciplines within the company. During the group close you perform various closing procedures with a keen eye for detail. This includes performing trend and relationship analyses, reviewing balance sheet reconciliations and verifying consolidation/ elimination entries while liaising with local Financial Control and FP&A Teams on these topics. You perform consolidation software maintenance activities and assist in operationalizing the technical side of accounting including reporting and on-boarding activities. In addition, you provide support in performing IFRS reviews and cooperate with our financial auditors/ advisors.
In this role you feel comfortable being critical, point out process improvement areas and have a can-do mentality: you want to solve the problems you find. You enjoy a fast paced international environment and you directly contribute to the mission of DEPT® with reports that matter.
Who are you?
- Want to make an impact and share our key values;
- Are a stress-resistant self-starter and an agile learner;
- Have a hands-on mentality and are a go-getter;
- Are proactive and independent but an enthusiastic team player as well;
- Absorb, analyse and draw conclusions from data and information quickly;
- Have experience with consolidation processes and financial analysis/reporting;
- Are familiar with technical accounting standards, prior experience with IFRS is a plus;
- Have experience with accounting/consolidation software—experience with LucaNet is a plus;
- Know your way around MS Excel and are eager to automate analytical procedures;
- Speak and write English fluently.
- DEPT® has been named A Great Place To Work in 2022 and certified B-Corp® since 2021 – award winning in the best way possible;
- Awesome clients. Whether big, small, local or global — at DEPT® you’ll get the opportunity to work with all of them. And we celebrate all of our successes together;
- The choice to work where you are most productive: whether that is in one of our offices, or abroad for 13 weeks a year. Rather work from home? No problem! We’ll provide you with the best of class materials, such as a high-quality laptop, monitor, work phone and the necessary furniture;
- Opportunities to develop your skills even further through training and certifications;
- Everything to focus on your health: from free bootcamp to yoga lessons, mindfulness sessions, mental health services, serious discounts on sport memberships, healthy lunches at the office, and above all: a safe work environment;
- Great fringe benefits; use of OV-bikes, an NS Business Card and many other goodies.
DEPT® is a pioneering technology and marketing services company that creates integrated end-to-end digital experiences for brands such as Google, KFC, Philips, Audi, Twitch, Patagonia, eBay and more. Its team of 2,500+ digital specialists across 30+ locations on 5 continents delivers pioneering work on a global scale with a boutique culture. DEPT® is committed to making a positive impact on the planet and since 2021 has been Climate Neutral and B Corporation certified.
DEPT® is a young company and the best minds work every day for a wide range of customers, such as KLM, Bose, ABN AMRO, bol.com, Samsung and Philips. They are eager to bring on board the most talented experts in the game, but they are also looking for the perfect DEPT® -fit. Someone who is eager to learn and strives towards a better world, takes the stage, is a futurist at heart, and someone who is down to participate in curling activities once in a while. Ultimately, they are looking for a unique individual who is able to strengthen our collective. They strongly support diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
For additional information regarding this role please contact Marcel Eldering at 06-22555850 or via firstname.lastname@example.org