As an IFRS Manager within Group Accounting, you are responsible for the accurate financial reporting of the entire Eneco group. In this role, you streamline the IFRS issues that arise and allocate them within the team, but you also conduct reviews of the responses. You handle complex issues yourself and engage with various colleagues in the Netherlands and abroad to clarify the questions. Additionally, you monitor and assess changes or new regulations in relation to Eneco’s situation. You have the ability to explain complex regulations in a understandable manner. You can work on IFRS issues in an “accounting paper” format, substantiated with references to IFRS. Your conclusions are coordinated internally and then with our group accountant.
The ideal candidate is a Registered Accountant (RA) with a minimum of 6 years of experience in a relevant role. You also have knowledge of and experience with applying IFRS in derivative-related matters and possess strong communication skills in Dutch and English.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Contribute to the Group-wide vision and policy for the functional field (financial reporting) and be responsible for the development of IFRS and statutory financial statements policies.
- Work on complex IFRS issues from the business or on your own initiative.
- Provide IFRS advice to the Management Board (MB) on issues such as mergers and acquisitions.
- Manage the progress of IFRS issues, distribute them within the team, and report to senior management, striving for continuous process improvement.
- Supervise a team member both in terms of content and hierarchy.
- Advise GA team members to ensure that quarterly reports to Mitsubishi Corporation are in accordance with the MC rulebook.
- Contribute to the annual financial statements of N.V. Eneco based on IFRS and as closely aligned with the MC rulebook as possible.
- Execute and assess the effectiveness of internal controls (J-Sox requirements) related to accounting topics and their documentation.
- Maintain intensive contact with the group accountant at the corporate level regarding accounting topics.
Education and Personal Skills:
- Completed RA education supplemented with a minimum of 6 years of relevant work experience.
- High energy level, a positive attitude, and execution power to achieve the intended goals in a rapidly changing organization.
- Naturally accurate and organized with strong analytical skills. You are practical, solution-oriented, and entrepreneurial.
Our customers are diverse, and so are we. More than 3,000 Eneco-talents ensure an open, pleasant culture in which everyone can grow and thrive. In this way we create the ideal situation for creative insights and innovative solutions. And we can use that to achieve our ambitious mission: to be climate neutral by 2035.
The Group Accounting team is part of the Eneco Financial Services (EFS) business unit, the largest finance department at Eneco. EFS handles the administration of all Dutch entities within the Eneco group. Your team consists of 11 people, including experts in consolidation & reporting, IFRS, and tax accounting. Do you feel at home among colleagues with ambition, who take care of each other, and are determined to achieve our climate goals? Then you belong at Eneco.
What does Eneco offer?
At Eneco, you will receive a salary that matches your knowledge and experience, along with a personal budget that you can receive as extra salary or use to purchase additional days off. You will have a good pension plan, access to company fitness, parental leave, room for personal development, hybrid working hours with 40% in the office, and a bonus component.
If this role appeals to you or if you would like more information about this position, please contact Marcel Eldering at 06-22555850 or email@example.com.