Are you analytical, a numerical talent and are you able to hunt for information in large data files? Do you have a passion for reporting and finding connections? And do you have experience in the Python system? Then you might be the new Medior Risk Analyst at VARO Energy, a young, dynamic energy company.
As a Medior Risk Analyst at VARO Energy, you report to the Risk Manager and will be part of a Risk team which is located in the VARO office in Rotterdam (Netherlands). Beside your work in the Netherlands, you are also monitoring and supporting trading teams in Hamburg (Germany) and in Cham (Switzerland). You will work closely with traders, colleagues of the Trading department, Operations, Back-office and Business control.
The ideal candidate think in opportunities and chances with a critical mindset and a desire for continuous improvement and adding value.
In this role you will be further trained to become an experienced Risk Analyst together with matching responsibilities.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Responsible for keeping the Risk Management system up to date with all relevant price data and perform daily checks;
- Send out reports for trading positions and P&L reports;
- Direct contact and interactions with colleagues of the Trading department, Operations, Back-office and Business control;
- Hunt for information in large data files and take decisions and communicate them;
- Check and analyze data and verify the outcome with the traders, by deviations, you undertake the action to find the problem and solve it;
- Part of projects to bring in exposure and P&L expertise.
Education and skills
- Freshly graduated in Business Economics or Accounting & Control or relevant experience as (junior) Risk Analyst;
- Advanced experience with Python. MS Excel, VBA, SQL and Power BI;
- Fluent Dutch and English, both written and verbally;
- Flexible, energetic and able to perform in a rapidly changing environment;
- Pro-active and result oriented;
- Strong analytical focus;
- Strong communication skills: an inquisitive conversation partner for colleagues of cooperating departments with the ability to convince people and simultaneously build valuable relationships.
About VARO Energy
VARO is a young, dynamic energy company, which was founded in Switzerland in 2012. Our core competencies are refining, storage and distribution of oil products to wholesale and retail in Benelux, France, Germany and Switzerland.
We source crude oil for our refineries in Bavaria, Germany, and Cressier, Switzerland, where we manufacture products such as gasoline, diesel or heating oil. Then, we transport, store and distribute them to our customers in Benelux, France, Germany and Switzerland. We deploy risk management strategies to optimise the value of these assets and flows.
Varo is investing in this market by building a network of refineries, storage tanks and distribution channels to secure the reliable supply of oil products for heating, transportation, construction and the petrochemical industry in North West Europe.
Most importantly, we are an established and experienced refiner. We know that no matter what we do, operating safely and behaving responsibly in the communities we work in is an unconditional priority.
For additional information regarding this role please contact Dewi Beukers at email@example.com or +31 (0) 6 18 94 35 41.