For VARO’s Benelux Compliance team we are looking for an accurate and enthusiastic hands-on Renewables Analyst to support our expansion. You will join an energetic, internationally operating team with an entrepreneurial mindset embracing the opportunities and challenges ahead of us. Sounds good? Then VARO Energy is the place to be for you!
Tasks and responsibilities
The purpose of the role is to strengthen the team and contribute to the objective of VARO to comply with the obligations arising from (inter)national legislation with regards to the incorporation of renewable fuels into mineral oils in countries in which VARO operates.
You are to ensure the uniformity of applicable Biofuels/Renewables administrations within VARO and the resulting reports, on the basis of the externally defined legal requirements and the internal administrative rules that Renewables Compliance Manager sets and maintains.
You cooperate with the other members in the team to ensure that timely complete documentation is received from suppliers and send to customers for biofuels purchases and sales in order to ensure traceability in the supply chain and show compliance to sustainability requirements.
You are up-to-date on changing and country-specific sustainability requirements. You participate in regulatory audits, coordinate several biofuel related work processes, keep the corresponding administrative procedures up to date, and you support the correct, complete and timely submission of biofuel reports to Member States’ national authorities. You will be part of the Rotterdam Compliance team where you will report to the Renewables Compliance Officer.
Your key responsibilities
In this position your key focus areas are:
- Internal control and Client reports;
- Compile internal reports on physical flows which run through VARO terminal network and external storages in order to determine quality and quantity of biofuels that VARO brought to markets in EU member states;
- Compile and send out reports to VARO’s clients for fulfillment of contractual obligations in terms of the timely receipt/transfer of agreed sustainability documentation;
- Cooperate in Renewables Compliance team to make sure suppliers send timely and complete sustainability documentation;
- Assess the conformity of sustainability documentation to external requirements and commercial agreements, and check its incorporation into ISCC system (PoS check);
- Certification, Verification and Governmental Reporting:
- Participate in regulatory audits with the objective of successful certification and verifications;
- Compile and maintain (ISCC) process description;
- Facilitate the correct, complete and timely submission of biofuel reports to EU member states’ national authorities;
- Process improvement
- Monitor biofuel related work processes, from goodsmovement administration to cooperation with trading and trading operations for the goal of accurate biofuel administrations;
- Signal discrepancies/omissions, and define necessary/desired internal controls;
- Signal changes of external and internal requirements and adapt them to biofuel administrations accordingly;
Education and skills
The ideal candidate has the following qualifications:
- Master’s degree in Business Economisc or Accounting & Controlling direction or similar;
- Experience with reporting;
- Advanced experience in MS Office, especially Excel and BI;
- Affinity with ERP-systems;
- Affinity with or interest in legal texts;
- English and Dutch proficiency is a must, German and/or French are considered a plus;
- Back ground in the (renewable) energy industry or in commodity markets is considered a plus.
The ideal candidate will also be able to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Accurate, structured and independent;
- Excellent analytical and numerical talent;
- Responsible, reliable, pro-active and result oriented;
- Strong communication skills: ability to build relationships across all layers of the organization;
- Able to perform in a rapidly changing environment.
What VARO Energy offers
- You are part of a dynamic, dedicated, and professional team in an international company, highly; motivated and on its way to shape the energy transition;
- No nonsense environment where all people are respected, everyone approachable and happy to help and success is acknowledged;
- We offer an attractive workplace in our office in Rotterdam in combination with the option to work a day from home (after full onboarding);
- Your future looks bright, as we have a good track record on developing people into different roles;
- Fun and supportive team environment that welcomes you to social events.
About VARO Energy
VARO Energy is a young, dynamic energy company, which was founded in Switzerland in 2012. Their core competencies are refining, storage and distribution of oil products to wholesale and retail in Benelux, France, Germany and Switzerland. Varo sources crude oil for their refineries in Bavaria, Germany, and Cressier, Switzerland, where they manufacture products such as gasoline, diesel or heating oil. Then, they transport, store and distribute them to their customers in Benelux, France, Germany and Switzerland.
If you have any questions in relation to this position, do not hesitate to contact Dewi Beukers via 06-18913541 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.