As a Senior Business Controller at Wereldhave you will work in an ambitious, energetic listed organization which is growing and developing. The Senior Business Controller is a key player in the Finance team of Wereldhave and reports directly to the Group Controller. You will work closely together with the Group Controller, CFO as well as local and international business units.
Within Wereldhave you fulfil a key position in the analysis of the financial results by giving your advice and contributing to decisions on an operational and strategic level. At Wereldhave you will be challenged to develop yourself within the position and be involved in initiating and financially supporting various projects and business cases.
The ideal candidate has at least a Master degree in a relevant field (Finance or Accounting), experience with monthly corporate planning and the controlling process, but most importantly: the right ambition and proactive attitude to make a difference at Wereldhave. You need to have the ability perform detailed, accurate work, whilst simultaneously keeping an overview of what is happening throughout the company.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- You will be responsible for defining, maintaining and reporting on operational KPI’s, amongst other as part of the quarterly and yearly reporting process, investor presentations or on adhoc basis;
- You will be identifying important trends and developments that have a significant impact on the growth and profitability of Wereldhave;
- Together with the Group Controller you will be responsible to maintain the Corporate Planning, further you will work closely with the Finance teams of the Netherlands and Belgium;
- You will prepare, review and improve operational KPI reporting (e.g. occupancy, visitors, sales, leasing activity, valuations and development pipeline);
- You will coordinate the annual budget and target setting process as well as the quarterly forecast process;
- You will work on various projects, local or international, such as acquisitions, disposals, implementations or sustainability reporting.
Education and personal skills:
- You have a (Post-) Master degree in a relevant Field (Finance or Accounting);
- At least 5 years of experience in Business Controlling and/or within a Big4;
- Further you have the ability to quickly understand the business drivers of commercial real estate;
- Knowledge if Accounting Principles (IFRS) and real estate aspects of IFRS;
- You have good communication skills and are able to influence and convince various levels of professionals;
- Further as a person you take ownership and get things done, you are ambitious and willing to go the extra mile;
- Finally, you are also fluently in English and Dutch, written and verbal.
The organisation Wereldhave is a listed company specialised in Commercial Real Estate with the focus on shopping centres. They believe commercial real estate is about more than just retail and its location. Therefore, they are investing in Full Service Centers offering a broad range of facilities that enable people to live their lives to the fullest. Wereldhave aims to create more rewards for the consumers, a smarter business for the tenants and stronger returns for the investors. Wereldhave is currently focused on the market in the Netherlands and Belgium.
For more information regarding this role please contact Jan van den Berg at 0639379597 or email@example.com.