24 HOURS A DAY, 365 DAYS A YEAR, VARO ENERGY ……
VARO is a top supplier of high quality fuels to various industries across North Western Europe, including transportation, agriculture, bunkering, manufacturing, construction and home energy.
VARO produces and provides transport fuels, heavy fuel oils, heating fuels and biofuels that add value to businesses. These fuels are refined and blended to improve operational efficiency and reduce environmental impact. VARO’s business doesn’t stop with our products. We serve our customers across North Western Europe by producing and providing high quality fuel and gas products along with efficient logistical services. We deliver our products where and when they’re needed at competitive prices, without forgoing safety and reliability.
VARO doesn’t shy away from a challenge. The energy industry is changing and we need the right people to grow with us as we rise to the challenge. With new investments we are making the energy transiton tangible and we see this as an exciting time in the industry.
Who says investing in people doesn’t create value?
We encourage our people to share and apply their expertise and knowledge because we know that solutions come from collaboration. As a valuable member of our team you’ll have the opportunity to tackle the industry’s changing landscape by stepping up and contributing your ideas to the way we do things as group.
Training leaders is integral to VARO’s business. Our continued success in a highly competitive market depends on our people, so we make sure that we’re creating opportunities for professional development through training programs that respond to the needs of our employees and the organisation. At VARO our people are our greatest asset in a dynamic market.
The role and its accountabilities:
We are looking for an enthusiastic Teamlead Financial Operations – Trading as part of our Benelux Finance Operations team, based in Rotterdam.
In this dynamic role you and your team of 4 professionals are responsible for the financial settlement of our business deals. The operational tasks of the team primarily focus on the correct, complete and timely processing of incoming and outgoing invoices. Furthermore the team executes other tasks like monitoring trade receivables with third parties to contribute to our credit control process.
In this role you maintain regular contact with the business, like Accounting, Business Control and Tax as well as external counter parties like our auditors.
As Teamlead you monitor the day-to-day operations and you are a driver for process improvements. Furthermore you are coaching and supporting the team and the individual team members in their development.
In this role you report directly to the Manager Financial Accounting & Financial Operations.
• Bachelor or Masters degree – Finance/Business/Economics
• Minimum 3 years experience in a managerial role
• Able to communicate in the Dutch and English language; both written and verbal
• Knowledge of financial operations processes of Commodity Trading activities, preferably in the oil business
• Knowledge of derivatives and hedging instruments
The ideal candidate will also be able to demonstrate the following competencies:
• Good leadership skills
• Good communication skills; an empathetic conversation partner for team members and colleagues of cooperating departments, while consistently maintaining the chosen direction
• Stress resistant, flexible and energetic; be able to perform in a rapidly changing environment;
• Hands-on: prepared to pick up extra tasks/projects where required
What we offer:
• A good and competitive salary and good working conditions
• Many development opportunities; personal and within the role
• Best location of Rotterdam; at the WPC building
• And for example a mobility card, bicycle plan, free fruits, healthy snacks and great coffee
For more information about this position you can reach Malou Jacobson via 06-23307989 or via firstname.lastname@example.org